Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday Sales Over... Only one "crackpot" feedback.

The on-line portion of the Holiday rush is over. And all the books are in the mail...so far so good. No complaints.

I was however hit by one of those "out of the blue" bad feedbacks from an elderly woman in the DC area who thought the paper in her book looked "20 years old"...

It was a Plume Edition trade paperback on that "pulpy" paper that some publishers use these days... And, it does oxidize fast.

I will probably take a hit on sales for a while because of this 2 of 5 "crank" feedback... But hopefully it will be buried soon enough with other feedbacks and it's influence on buyers will dissipate.

This particular "crack pot" did not take well to my suggestion that she remove her feedback.

The book, by the way was new...but sort of limp from the kind of paper used...but still obviously un-touched and un-read.

This crack pot started sending me three page diatribes about her kids and how rude I was and on and on.... I decided to just let it lie.... Shes dangerous... And I'd rather take my hit and move on because Amazon is big on "customer harrassment" issues. And Holiday sales would likely be ending soon any way...

Of course the nightmare scenario is having two "crackpot" feedbacks hit at the same time.

Most people on Amazon don't leave feedback...only about 1 in 20 bother...so the field of potential posters is salted with cranks, crackpots and other nut cases that are best left alone.

Curiously, none of these cranks and crackpots would need to post negative feedback, with me at least, if they would just email their issues first...

In the case above, I refunded her money and told her to keep the book as a gift...which naturally she twisted into an some bizarro attack on my credibility...

Well, this is not an easy business...Shit does happen occasionally. But we move on to the next and sooner or later forget the unpleasant ones.

Postscript: The crank feeback was removed by the buyer later in the week... So I've dodged another bullet on Amazon...! Still at 100%...